In preparation for its 8th Annual Conference billed to hold on September 1 and 2, 2021, the Association of Communication Scholars & Professionals of Nigeria (ACSPN) has called for paper abstracts addressing the topic: Media and Citizens Participation in Governance for Accountability and Peace in Society.
The association said media and citizen participation in governance is central to accountability and societal peace noting that the role of the media sits on the pedestal of monitoring, investigating and sometimes criticizing the public administration’s policies/actions.
To this end, the Conference will explore the theme: Media and Citizens Participation in Governance for Accountability and Peace in Society and will hold in Port-Harcourt, the Rivers State capital. The theme of the Special Panel is: Media, Democracy and Accountability, while the theme of the 3rd ACSPN Female Researcher’s Panel is: “Governance, Women, Media and Inclusive Society.”
As the global attention shifts in media and citizen participation in governance for accountability and peace continues to attract attention, ACSPN invites papers from its members/potential members, other interested individuals, local and international organizations, associations, institutions, agencies, the private sector and governments for participation in its 2021 annual conference to examine the issue.
Participants are encouraged to explore theoretical, conceptual and contextual issues in the areas of media and citizen participation in governance for accountability and peace in society as they relate to any of the sub-themes or related areas under the theme. ACSPN welcomes academic contributions, case studies or special presentations that are products of collaborative, original and innovative empirical studies or professional experiences in these areas.
Papers should reflect but not be restricted to any of these sub-themes;
- Media and accountability in governance
- Media, Accountability and Political Stability
- Citizen participation, accountability and governance
- Digital Culture and accountability in governance
- Social Media, citizen participation and accountability
- Gender, media, accountability and governance
- Media Ethical Issues, accountability and governance
- Governance, secrecy and the media
- Media and Information Literacy, governance and accountability
- Citizen participation in Governance, Media Ownership and Control
- Media, citizen participation and peace
- Media accountability and Peace
- Public Relations, accountability and Governance
- Public Relations, accountability and peace
- Advertising, accountability and Governance
- Data-driven Journalism and Accountability and governance
- Multiculturalism, Diversity, accountability and governance
Abstracts which should not be more than 300 words (typed using Times New Roman font and 1.5 spacing formats) should be emailed no later than June 30, 2021 while the full papers (typed using Times New Roman font and 1.5 spacing formats) should be received latest August 15, 2021 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those submitting abstracts should ensure they include affiliation, address and email of authors as more specific correspondence would be sent only to confirmed participants as the date approaches.
The fee to participate in the ACSPN conference is N15, 000, £75, or $100 for subscribed ACSPN members and N20, 000, £100 or $150 for non-ACSPN Participants. There are however a limited number of places available for those who are undergraduate and master’s degree students at a fee of N5, 000. Interested persons are encouraged to indicate if they wish to be considered for one of these places when sending their abstract; or contact the association as soon as possible.
All payments to: Account Name: Association of Communication Scholars and Professionals of Nigeria (Guaranty Trust Bank, Naira Account No: 0141407323) Outside Nigeria (Guaranty Trust Bank, Domiciliary [Euro, Dollars, Pounds] Account No: 0141439012).
The conference fee does not include accommodation as the association is unable to offer travel grants or other forms of financial assistance.