The Association of Communication Scholars and Professionals of Nigeria (ACSPN) has announced the first Call for Papers for its 4th Annual Conference scheduled to hold at the Faculty of Communication Complex, Bayero University, Kano from September 6 to 7, 2017.
The theme is: Communication, Governance and Development”.
There would be a Special Panel on “Media, Accountability and Wealth Creation”
The decision to hold this conference in a university is a break from the ACSPN tradition, being the first outside of the location and setting of the normal conferences.
The feelers on preparations and participants is that it will be the conference to beat as the host is determined to justify the confidence of the association in allowing this first exception.
ACSPN therefore invites papers from its members/future members, interested individuals, local and international organizations, associations, institutions, agencies, the private sector and governments.
Participants are encouraged to explore theoretical, conceptual and contextual issues in the aspects of Communication, Governance and Development as they relate to any of the subthemes or other areas under the theme.
apers should reflect but not be restricted to these sub-themes
- Communication, Governance and Development: Challenges and Prospects
- Communication, Governance and the New Media
- New Frontiers of Theories and Methods in Communication, Governance and Development
- Political Communication and Development
- Media, Investigative Journalism and Corruption
- Media, Governance and Accountability
- Communication, Participation and Development
- Communication, Multiculturalism and Development
- Communication, Economic Growth and Development
- Public Relations, Governance and Development
- Advertising, Governance and Development
- Communication, Data Driven Journalism and Development
- Community Media/Broadcasting, Governance and Development
- Communication, Conflict and Governance
- Communication Infrastructure, Governance and Development
- Communication, Gender and Governance
- Communication. Governance and Foreign Policy
- The National information Policy, Governance and Development
Interested persons can contact Professor Nosa Owens-Ibie, General Secretary, ACSPN and
Dean, College of Social and Management Sciences (COSOMAS), Caleb University, Km 15, Ikorodu-Itoikin-Ijebu-Ode Road, Imota, Lagos, Nigeria or visit the website..www.acspn.org