Deutsche Welle (DW) International Media Studies Master’s Program has announced a call for applications to its 2014/2015 winter semester course.
The Master’s Program is a four-semester, full-time program with a bilingual curriculum that’s combines the disciplines media and development, journalism, communications and media management.
This is a joint project together with the University of Bonn, the Bonn Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences and Deutsche Welle, Germany’s international broadcaster with headquarters in Bonn.
This program is conducted in German and English and is designed for young students from developing and transition countries who have previous media experience. The program offers an unparalleled mix of research, lectures and practical experience and prepares students for careers in the communications and media industries.
The Deutsche Welle (DW) International Media Studies Master’s Program trains students to be competent journalists and prepares them for a challenging role as expert or manager in the media sector. Students will acquire the knowledge and skills that are essential for a journalistic career.
Interested students should have all documents required for application ready:
• (signed) Letter of motivation
• (signed) Curriculum vitae in table form
• Certificate of your first academic degree including transcripts and translation of both documents into either German or English
• Evidence of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field after obtaining your first academic degree (for a full scholarship you must give evidence for at least one additional year of professional experience)
• Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China, Vietnam or Mongolia)
• Evidence of sufficient English language skills (TOEFL IBT: score of 83 or higher, IELTS: score of 6.0 or higher, BULATS: score of 70 or higher, LCCI: level 3) – English language certificates are valid for two years from the date of issue
• Evidence of sufficient German language skills (TestDaF at least level TDN 3 in all four parts of the examination, Goethe Zertifikat at least level B2 or DSH at least level 1)
• Copy of your passport
If you would like to apply for a full scholarship, you will be required to submit some additional documents:
• Recent recommendation letter from a University (signed with an official University stamp)
• Recent recommendation letter from your employer (signed with an official company stamp)
• DAAD application form (please find the link to the application form at the bottom of this page)
• High school diploma
Regarding the English and German language skills, please be aware that you will need to provide evidence of sufficient language skills for both languages. If you have knowledge of only one of the two languages, this does not suffice. If one of these languages is your native language or you have completed your entire program of study in either of them, evidence of that particular language is not necessary.
Applications are made online. Click here for further information.
Deadline for submission of applications is March 31, 2014.
After the application deadline has expired, a committee of representatives of the University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, the University of Bonn, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and Deutsche Welle will decide on the award of places. In case your application is approved (you will be informed by email) you will be required to send certified copies of your original application documents to our cooperation partner, the University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg as soon as possible. Please note that all copies of documents you submit must be officially certified for authenticity with the originals.