The Falling Walls Foundation is calling on international and German media workers, both freelance and full-time staff, with a proven track of journalistic record to apply for the Falling Walls Science Summit Journalists Fellowship grant to support them in reporting on the topics of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2023 which comes up in Berlin, Germany, from November 7 to November 9, 2023.
Applicants are expected to outline their chosen topic relating to the interdisciplinary programme of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2023. Selected journalists will meet international speakers and participants at the Summit.
The Foundation will select up to 16 media workers who will each receive a fellowship grant, which will be awarded as a lump sum and will include accommodation expenses and the Summit ticket for the whole duration of the fellowship.
The following documents will be needed from applicants:
- Cover letter and short exposé/research plan (1 – 1.5 pages) on their preferred topic, including planned publication date and media contact. Please note: the subject of an applicant’s reporting must be based on one of the Summit topics. See the full list of topics below.
- Short CV of applicant’s journalistic career including journalism grants, awards, etc.
- Maximum of three examples of applicant’s journalistic work within a field of science
The following are the Falling Walls Science Summit 2023 Topics, applicants are expected to choose up to three topics that they would like to report on:
- Discovering Earth & Space
- Art & Science
- Engineering & Technology
- Climate Crisis & Sustainability
- Science & Innovation Management
- Health & Wellbeing
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Science Engagement
- Social Sciences & Humanities
Application should be sent as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 September 2023, 23:59 CEST.
The Foundation will provide successful applicants with fellowship grant which includes accommodation and Science Summit ticket expenses, excluding any further reimbursement by the Falling Walls Foundation. The Foundation will arrange the accommodation and can act as an inviting party for visa purposes. As travel to Berlin is required, the participants will be responsible for their travel costs.
Falling Walls Science Summit is the leading forum for global science leaders with focus on science breakthroughs. The summit takes place every year in Berlin from November 7 to 9, the anniversary day of the fall of the Berlin Wall. This holistic approach of international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral discourse is globally unique and attracts leading researchers, CTOs, science strategists, sciences funders, and media worldwide.
For more information, please visit: https://falling-walls.com/science-summit/.