The International News Media Association (INMA) 30 Under 30 Awards, which is aimed at rewarding outstanding achievement and career potential among young professionals in the news media industry, is now accepting applications and nominations.
Through its Young Professionals Initiative, INMA aims to select 30 rising stars in news media with early career achievements, insights into innovation, ability to influence, and likely management skills across advertising, audience, business intelligence, content and product, and leadership functions at media companies.
It seeks outstanding individual applicants based on merit and a “30 Under 30” class that represents the diverse markets news media serves worldwide: race, creed, colour, gender, and more.
To qualify, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be employed by a news media company
- Must be under the age of 30 as of September 1, 2023
- Must be a big picture thinker with an ability to shape the news media industry
- Must have demonstrated expertise and accomplishments thus far in your career
- Must bring soft skills that make a great leader or show talent: knowledge-hungry, team player, entrepreneurial spirit
Recipients are selected based on communities of interest, five outstanding individuals will be recognised among INMA’s 6 global communities which include: Advertising; Data; Leadership Newsroom; Product and Reader Revenue.
Judges would comprise members of the INMA Young Professionals Initiative Committee and members of the INMA Initiative Leads.
Applicants can apply themselves via the online application form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/30U30_2023. Persons who are over 30 can also nominate a colleague via the same application form.
The submission deadline is Friday, July 15, 2023. For more information, please visit https://www.inma.org/Initiatives/30Under30/.