A new Open Government Partnership (OGP) Nigeria National Steering Committee (NSC) has been inaugurated to take over the administration of the initiative from the first NSC whose tenure has ended.
The tenure of the inaugural members of Nigeria’s multi-stakeholder forum, NSC, elapsed with the end of Nigeria’s first National Action Plan (NAP) implementation cycle.
Following recommendations from stakeholders, the committee was reduced from 42 to 20 members, with 10 each coming from both State and Non-state Actors. While Non-state Actors have confirmed their membership slots, the State Actors composition is yet to be confirmed.
The following are the members of the new NSC of both State and non-state actors and the institutions/organisations they represent:
1. Prince Clem Agba – Minister of State for Budget and Planning and State Actors Co-chair
2. Abubakar Malami – Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation
3. Dame Pauline Tallen – Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development
4. Lai Mohammed – Minister of Information and Culture
5. Sunday Dare – Minister of Youth and Sports Development
6. Timipre Sylva – Minister of State for Petroleum Resources
7. Waziri Adio – Executive Secretary, Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
8. Ahmed Idris – Accountant General of the Federation
9. Mamman Ahmadu – Director General, Bureau of Public Procurement
10. A. G. Abubakar – Registrar-General, Corporate Affairs Commission.
1. Dr Tayo Aduloju – Chief Operations Officer, Nigeria Economic Summit Group and Non-state Actors Co-chair
2. Nkem Ilo – Chief Executive Officer, Public and Private Development Centre
3. Edetaen Ojo – Executive Director, Media Rights Agenda
4. Auwal Musa – Executive Director, Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre
5. SaratuIya Aliyu – President, Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture.
6. Mansur Ahmed – President, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria
7. Monday Osasah – Executive Director, African Centre for Leadership, Strategy and Development
8. Peter Egbule – National Coordinator, Publish What You Pay Nigeria
9. ObialunanmaNnaobi – Executive Director, Meluibe Foundation
10. Eze Onyekpere – Lead Director, Centre for Social Justice