The 14th edition of the International Newsroom Summit will hold on October 5, 2015 in Hamburg, Germany during the World Publishing Expo. Chief Editors from some of the world’s most respected mid-sized, small and regional newsrooms will be in attendance to share strategies that make for great journalism in the tumultuous multi-platform news world.
The Newsroom Summit is a one-day event; one of many conferences, workshops and tours that will take place in the course of the World Publishing Expo. Expert editors and media practitioners who are thriving in this environment, primarily at mid-size, small and regional newspapers, a sector that faces its own particular challenges will be speaking at the Summit.
- Wolfgang Krach, Editor-in-chief of Süddeutsche Zeitung in Germany, Doug Wilks, News Division Managing Editor of the Deseret News and KSL in the United States, Uwe Dulias, Managing Director of RND in Germany, and Thierry Meyer, Editor-in-chief of 24heures in Switzerland, who will participate in a session dedicated to “The New News Hub: how to be live, deep and collaborative.”
- Alison Gow, Editor for Digital Innovation at Trinity Mirror Regionals in the United Kingdom, and Anders Refnov, Digital Chief Editor for Ekstra Bladet in Denmark, who will participate in a session on “How to work with Facebook, Google, Twitter, Snapchat, WhatsApp” and other news distributors without surrendering audience.
- Lisa MacLeod, Head of Digital at Times Media in South Africa, who will share her ideas on “The little steps of change” that are needed to transform newsrooms.
- René van Zanten, General Director of the Dutch Journalism Fund, which fosters innovation and start-ups in journalism in the Netherlands, who will present the results of the fund’s latest scenario planning study, “Thinking about the future: 2025 Scenarios for journalism.”
The Newsroom Summit is designed to help editors:
- Weigh up and balance the demand for live and deep coverage
- Identify and set areas of editorial emphasis
- Build a sustainable, integrated, multi-brand newsroom.
Register for the event here.
The World Publishing Expo, the largest global trade exhibition for news publishers organized by the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA). Nearly 7,000 visitors from 100 countries attended last year’s event. Other events holding during the Expo include the Mobile News Summit on October 6, 2015 and the World Printers Forum conference on October 7, 2015. Click here for full details of the Expo and related events.
WAN-IFRA is the global organisation of the world’s newspapers and news publishers based in Paris, France, and Frankfurt, Germany, with subsidiaries in Singapore and India. It represents over 18,000 publications, 15,000 online sites and over 3,000 companies in more than 120 countries. Its primary responsibility is to defend and promote press freedom, quality journalism and editorial integrity and the development of prosperous businesses.
For inquiries, contact: Cherilyn Ireton, Executive Director, World Editors Forum, 96 bis, rue Beaubourg, 75003 Paris France.
Tel: +33 1 47 42 85 04.
Fax: +33 1 42 78 92 33.
For more information, visit http://www.wan-ifra.org