The United Nations World Data Forum (UNWDF) is calling for Programme Proposals for the next edition of the UNWDF set to take place in Medellín, Colombia, from November 11 to 14, 2024. The UNWDF aims to spur data innovation, nurture partnerships, mobilize high-level political and financial support for data, and build a pathway to better data for sustainable development.
The Programme Committee of the UNWDF 2024 is seeking for imaginative programme proposals that incorporate innovative approaches to data and statistics, offering concrete recommendations or announcing new initiatives. Proposals can cover a full-length session, shortened session, or special formats. The Committee encourages collaboration among diverse data communities and also welcomes specialised proposals from the wider user and producer community to feature on the programme.
The submission process requires complete information on submitter, proposal title, proposal description, format, thematic area, expected outcomes, speaker details, and additional support requests.
The Programme Committee will evaluate proposals based on criteria such as relevance and impact, data innovation, practical experiences, creativity in format (for full-length sessions), and diversity of speakers.
Decisions on the inclusion of proposals in the UNWDF 2024 programme will be based on content, composition, and adherence to evaluation criteria, while also ensuring a balance across the programme in terms of topics, formats and speaker representation.
Organizers whose proposals are selected will be responsible for:
- conducting their event within the appropriate time slot, based on Medellín local time, given by the Forum organisers.
- adhering to all guidance shared by the Forum organisers and responding to any information requests from them in a timely manner.
- ensuring good communication with all persons featuring in their event that they will attend in-person thereby registering for the Forum by the deadline and prepared to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
- ensuring responsibility for the organization and logistical support of a compatible virtual meeting platform for any persons who will appear in their event virtually.
- preparing a short summary of the session to be submitted after the event to email@example.com
The Programme Committee or the United Nations do not offer funding for travel or participation. Organisers and participants must therefore be self-financed, covering expenses such as travel, accommodation, and related costs.
The deadline for submission of proposal is February 12, 2024.
For more information or to submit proposal, please visit https://unstats.un.org/unsd/undataforum/programme/call-for-programme-proposals.html.