WAN-IFRA, the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers, is calling for entries for the Asian Digital Media Awards 2019, considered the most prestigious digital competition in the news publishing industry in the region.
These awards underscore the fact that WAN-IFRA recognises Asian publishers who have delivered unique and original digital media projects in the last 12 months; from new approaches to digital subscriptions, to impactful native advertising campaigns – projects that inspire everyone.
The awards are available in ten different categories as follows:
- Best News Website or Mobile Service
- Best in Lifestyle, Sports, Entertainment Website or Mobile Services
- Best Use of Online Video (including VR)
- Best Data Visualisation
- Best Paid Content Strategy (incl. pay wall, membership or crowd funding models)
- Best Native Advertising / Branded Content Campaign
- Best Digital News Start-up
- Best in Social Media Engagement
- Best Marketing Campaign for News Brand
- Best Digital Project to Engage Younger and/or Millennial Audiences
Winners in each category will be honoured during Digital Media Asia 2019 at the Asian Digital Awards night on October 30, 2019 in Hong Kong. They will also automatically become eligible for WAN-IFRA’s World Digital Media Awards, which recognise the best digital initiatives from around the globe.
Application for the Asian Digital Media Awards 2019 is online at https://wan-ifra.awardsplatform.com/.
Digital Media Asia is a three-day event comprising conference, masterclasses, a technology and services expo and the Asian Digital Media Awards presentation ceremony, providing valuable case studies, best practices and key takeaways for editorial and strategic decision-making.