The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in the United States is accepting applications from journalists, scholars and public officials across the world for its nine-month residential fellowship programme in Washington, D.C., United States.
Fellows will conduct research and write in their areas of interest, while interacting with policymakers, Wilson Center staff and other scholars in residence. The center accepts policy-relevant, non-advocacy fellowship proposals that address key challenges confronting the United States and the world.
Fellowships include a US$90,000 stipend and a part-time research assistant.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Citizens or permanent residents from any country (applicants from countries outside the United States must hold a valid passport and be able to obtain a J-1 visa even if they are currently in the United States).
- Academic candidates must be at the post-doctoral level and have published a book or monograph beyond the Ph.D. dissertation.
- Practitioners or policymakers with an equivalent level of professional achievement.
- Have English proficiency as the Center is designed to encourage the exchange of ideas among its fellows.
A complete application must include the following:
- the Fellowship Application Form;
- a current CV (not exceeding three pages); The Center will only accept the first three pages; applicants should please list their publications separately.
- a list of applicant’s publications that includes exact titles, names of publishers, dates of publication and status of forthcoming publications (not to exceed three pages);
- a Project Proposal (not exceeding five single-spaced typed pages, using 12-point type); The Center reserves the right to omit from review applications that are longer than the requested page length;
- a bibliography for the project that includes primary sources and relevant secondary sources (not to exceed three pages); and
- two letters of reference.
The application deadline is October 1, 2021.
For further information and to apply, please go to: https://www.wilsoncenter.org/fellowship-application.