The World Bank-Annenberg Summer Institute 2016 in Reform Communication: Leadership, Strategy and Stakeholder Alignment, a 10-day program to be held at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles from May 23 to June 3, 2016, is accepting applications from interested candidates.
The Institute brings together leaders, strategists, advisors, development practitioners, communication professionals, and others who want to strengthen their critical communication skills to support change agents and reform initiatives in developing countries. This gives participants an opportunity to connect with a global network of professionals working on reform initiatives in the public, private or non-profit sectors.
The course covers the most recent advances in communication and proven techniques in reform implementation. In particular, participants will acquire critical skills in five key areas:
- Interpreting and using political economy analyses
- Crafting multi-stakeholder collaboration, coalition and network building strategies and tactics to support reform
- Developing strategic communication skills that lead to development results
- Leveraging social/digital media tools and analytics effectively
- Building communication metrics and applying monitoring and evaluation frameworks relevant to reform
To be an eligible applicant, you must possess:
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years of professional experience, with a focus on multi-stakeholder engagement.
- A master’s degree or equivalent in communication, public affairs, political science, international relations, economics, or related field.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
The 2016 application form is available on the course website. All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and successful applicants will be notified via email. Space is limited.
For more information, please see the 2016 WB-Annenberg Summer Institute flyer and check out the Facebook page for videos, photos.