Applications are open for early to mid-career journalists from around the world who are interested in applying for the Coda Story’s Bruno Fellowship for journalists.
This nine-month fellowship funds one ambitious investigative project that is expected to culminate in a single story or series of impactful stories, unearthing information that powerful forces do not want to see the light of day.
The goal of the fellowship is to celebrate the famous Bruno detective series by the international author, historian, and writer.
It offers reporters an excellent opportunity to discover stories in any area of the world through early foreign journalism jobs, funds, and resources. Professional editors shall review a guide to their written stories, and successful applicants will be guided.
The fellowship awards $16,000 grants that cover compensation and travel expenses for six months’ reporting and two-three months for the story to go through the editing process.
It is an opportunity designed to allow early-career international journalists the time, funding and space to report deeply on the stories that matter.
To be eligible, intended applicants must be in the early to mid-stage of their career, with at least 5 years’ reporting experience. The fellowship strongly encourages applications from people of all genders, races, national origins, and groups that are under-represented in journalism.
To apply for the fellowship, applicants must fill this Google Form, and submit the following:
- A detailed 1-page pitch, up to 600 words outlining why the applicant’s story matters; why it’s a Coda story and which of Coda’s beats (authoritarian tech, disinformation, the war on science) it fits; potential characters, how and where it has been previously covered (and how the applicant is moving it on) and why he/she is the right person to execute it.
- A maximum of 1-page reporting plan and skeleton timeline of the applicant will execute the story, outlining any travel he/she intend to do.
- A rough budget for any travel, reporting and research expenses
- A 1-page resume
- A brief (maximum of 1-page) cover letter indicating why the fellowship is right for the applicant
- Up to three of applicant’s best-published clips
For more information and to apply, pleasevisit: https://codastory.com/careers/bruno-fellowship-2020/