Future News Worldwide 2020, a global partnership programme between the British Council and selected leading media organisations has called for applications from motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training programme taking place between July 14 and 15, 2020 at Sky’s global headquarters in London, the United Kingdom.
The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
At least 100 applicants, aged between 18 – 25 years are expected to benefit from using technology to find stories after an intensive coaching from renowned editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters in the course of the programme.
Travel and accommodation costs of successful applicants will be borne by Future News Worldwide 2020.
Eligibility requirements indicate that applicants must be:
- aged 18-25 on 1 July 2020
- be a registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution or have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2018
- be a native speaker of English or be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- be dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- be available to travel to and from the UK on any date between July 11 – 16, 2020.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to provide evidence of eligibility (identity, age, student status and English language ability).
The application process is different for students based in Thailand, they should contact email@example.com and visit www.facebook.com/FutureJournalistAward.FJA for information on how to apply.
The online application form includes questions designed to test the applicants’ journalistic skills and interests.
Applications close at noon GMT (UK time) on February 14, 2020
All answers must be submitted using the online application form. If you experience any technical difficulties please contact us: FutureNewsWorldwide@britishcouncil.org
To apply, please go to https://www.britishcouncil.org/future-news-worldwide/apply.